Come to the Great Hall at the Massachusetts State House and be part of the celebration!
For the eleventh time, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts invites Massachusetts artists working in all disciplines (visual arts, literary, performing, crafts, new media, etc.) to the Great Hall from 9:30am to 2pm to thank you for all you contribute to our state’s economy and quality of life.
The entire event is free and open to the public.
9:30am – Artists are welcomed to The Great Hall and received their welcome packets
9:50am – Welcome by the Massachusetts Artists Leaders Coalition (MALC) and the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) (Great Hall)
9:55am – Welcome and opening remarks by Legislators and elected officials (Great Hall)
10:15am – Group Photo (Grand Staircase)
10:30am – 2017 MALC’s Annual Champions of Artists Award Ceremony (Great Hall)
- State Representative Chris Walsh
- Danielle Legros Georges, Boston’s Poet Laureate
- Ashleigh Gordon, viola and Co-Founder of Castle of our Skins
- Jonathan C. Rappaport, musician, conductor, composer and Executive Director of Arts Learning
- Erin Williams, playwright, theater director, dramaturge, Cultural Development Officer for the City of Worcester and Executive Director of the Worcester Cultural Coalition
11:30 – 12:30 am – Artists visit their Senator’s and Representative’s offices
12:30 to 1:00pm – Networking & Information Sharing Brown Bag Lunch (Great Hall)
1:00-2:00pm – Afternoon discussion & unveiling some of the findings from the state-wide survey: “By Artists, For Artists” (Great Hall)